Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why Birthdays Should Be Celebrated

Yesterday was my birthday.  My 29th birthday.  I think I'm officially at an age where it's not cool to get any older and when people start to dread their birthday.

I love birthdays.  I loved them when I was a kid, I love them now, and I'll still love them in the future.

I view birthdays like this: they are a celebration of me & my life, not my age or how life is changing for me.  I harken back to when I was a kid; when birthdays were highly anticipated events where your family tried their hardest to make the day special.  Now that I'm married my husband Sean did a great job of carrying that torch.

To make my day special I fill it with as many of my favourites as I can.  If you want to make it a special day, always take it off of work.  Sleep in.  Enjoy a day of your favourite foods.  Take every moment in with a sense of happiness.  Let the little things that make you grouchy go as they come up.

Here's a pictorial blog of my b-day yesterday and how I enjoyed the day.

A Special Birthday Lunch with Sean at Lumberjacks


My all time favourite food--grilled cheese!  The yam fries were a bonus.


The yummiest cake ever! It's a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream cake from Marble Slab.
  
  


A good old fashioned candle blowing out!  Thank goodness they didn't put 29 candles on my cake.


My favourite b-day present!  An iPad!  Welcome to the world of Mac.


Wow, this thing reminds me of when I'd get a new video game for a birthdays or Christmas.  I will be immersed in iPad land for the next while.


My birthday is not complete without our kitty Peekay playing in the tissue paper.



Right before I went to bed, my good friend Laurie stopped by to drop off this adorable cupcake "cake" she baked for me.  : )  It was a totally unexpected suprise that made me feel like a million bucks.

Thanks to all that made yesterday a great day!  Celebrate how special you are, not how old you're getting.  : )

No comments: